Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day weekend!










We are not campers.  After girls camp, scout camp, Dayley family campout, high adventure camp, ward campout, we have never gone camping by choice.  Grant took the priest/teachers on a boating campout and had a terrific time on the lake.  So we decided to try it.  We invited our good friends the Hillstead to make it even more fun!  We drove toward GLOBE, AZ and then went to Roosevelt lake.  We had a great time!  Partly because we bought all new camping gear, extra large tent, air mattress, and a cooker to make cookies. The camp site had running water in the bathrooms and they were clean!  I didn't feel like I was roughing it at all. We woke at 6am and packed up camp and got on the lake.  It is a HUGE lake and we had the lake to ourselves.  The water was like glass.  Perfect for wake boarding.  I think we are going to do it again in 2 weeks.  We have found our niche.  It is not rush, rush, rush!  No stress!

1 comment:

Chelsea Coon said...

I LOVE camping. So glad you enjoyed yourself, I knew you would come around ;). I'm with you on having clean water...I grew up with a trailer so we always got a shower at night haha so I never had to "rough" it but I think its a great family bonding experience to be away from the city and out where its quiet (especially if your somewhere without cell phone service haha)