Grant took the back seat with Katie and let me sit up front with the practice driver.
On June 20th we celebrated our 21st anniversary! We ate dinner at Knotts Berry Farm restaurant.
Hannah- 5, Grant- 44, Annie -9, James -15, Katie 18, Jill- 40
Happy Anniversary to us! 21 years is a long time. It has gone by so fast. I really can't believe it. I am my mom's age. I remember her being 40 years old. Now I am that mother and age. CRAZY!
My 2 little girls are growing up!
We all love carmel apples. We bought one and cut it up and shared it.
The girls were so cute in the back seat with their glasses on. They would dance, giggle, and sing. That have fun together.Thursday we found a farmers Market in downtown Oceanside, CA. It was so delightful. We bought granola, strawberries, toffee peanut butter, tomatoes, homemade macaroni and cheese, and a gyros to share.
The challenge of the whole trip was keeping this boy fed. I don't think I did a great job at this. Not joking... every hour he wanted to eat again. Katie was dying at how much food her brother consumers. At one point she believed he was making all these hunger pains up. Who could possibly be hungry again?
The strawberries were so sweet and juicy.
The peanut butter toffee was fabulous on the strawberries.
Thursday afternoon Grant and James took a 2 hour surfing lesson. The water was still cold so they put on wet suits. I took a lot of action pictures!
The girls played on the beach, built sand castles, and took lots of pictures.
Annie is a sand monster!
Annie lost her tooth at the beach!
Under all these towels and hat is a 5 year old girl fast asleep. All that cool fresh air and salty sea water put her fast to sleep.
After the surfing James still had strength to flex for me.
The 2nd night we stayed in my dearest friend Anne's timeshare. At the very last moment she called and offered her timeshare in oceanside. It was perfect! Thanks Anne and Tyler! A kitchen was the best. I don't like to eat out very much, so we went to fresh and easy and bought groceries.
The best treat was fresh and easy vanilla greek yogurt with the granola we bought from the farmers market. Talk about delicious!!!
Driving to San Diego! James had the camera!
We rented bikes and rode all over Mission beach. Stopped and had lunch, then went back to the ocean for more bogey boarding and surfing. This time we witnessed a group of college kids being baptized in the ocean! That was a sight. Probably 20 baptisms!
The girls were thrilled to drink root beer with their lunch. A real treat for them!
The 3rd and 4th night we stayed at the marriott in oceanside. This is the breakfast Katie and I had on Saturday morning. YUMMY
Saturday we went to Coronado island and did the tourist thing. More food, James ate a 16 inch french dip sandwich! Boys...they have a hollow leg. We all shared a frozen yogurt.
Thank goodness for GPS on our phones. I don't know how we would of found our way around without it!
If there are trees you can bet Annie is climbing them.
If you ask Hannah what her favorite part of our vacation was, she will say the hot tub at our hotel. Kids love to swim and swim, even if they swim all the time at home. On Sunday morning there was another baptism, this time in the hotel hot tub. We sure hit the weekend of baptisms in California. It was good to see so many people were committing to follow Jesus, hopefully keep the commandments to.
Right before we left we did the superman from bed to bed.
Even I participated in the fun of flying.

No comments:
Post a Comment