Thursday, September 2, 2010

Upholstering project!


I have had this chair for 19 years. I had it recovered 12 years ago. It was looking worn and loved. I had a great idea.. I would recover it. One date night Grant and I went to Joann's and purchased a book on how to upholster. It did not look hard at all. I bought all the tools and started to take it apart. My hand hurt so bad for quite a long time. I bought a painters cloth. I love the way it turned out. Grant is proud of me that I had a great idea, started a project and finished the project. The finished project!!!



5 comments:

Paris Lover said...

You are so talented. Love your spacious bedroom!

Cheryl said...

LOoks great! I recovered a chair once... couldn't believe how much work it was! I had a couch that also need to be recovered, but after the chair, I just didn't have the strength. Instead, I just made a very form fitted slip cover that I stapled into place. Anyway, way to go!

Stacy Summers said...

Your room is so beautiful and tranquil! LOVE IT! I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

These Are The Days said...

Great job on the chair Jill, it looks perfect! I use a Nikon D200. I purchased the camera used on Amazon and got a good deal since the D300's had just come out. I bought two lenses that were pricey because they were new, but it's all about the lens. It's a pretty complex camera, I have a LOT to learn. If I had it to do over again I may have gotten the Canon Rebel xsi (I think it's called), its a little more user friendly. Good luck. :)

These Are The Days said...

I forgot to tell you what lenses I use. the Nikon 16-85mm 1:3.5-5.6 (zoom lense), and the Nikon 50 mm 1.4 (portraits close ups). Next I need to get something with range that will take wider shots.

Hope that helps.

Anyway, its a great camera...I know a few different photographers that use it and recommended it to me, my only problem has been learning to use it...so little time. Let me know if you get to the point that you want to take an online course and I could recommend one.