Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy 17th birthday James

 James is now 17! He has accomplished so much this year. Here is a few things he has done in 2013:
 Started to shave!  
 Road motorcycles in Moab Utah with his Dad and Uncle Rob. This picture is a little nerve racking. There is nothing underneath them... just a huge drop of 1200ft.
 Skeet shooting with cousins.
 James nickname is dead eye James
 Race car driving in Button willow California
 His all time favorite wake boarding
 Fishing in Alaska with his dad.

 Go-cart racing with his uncles and cousins.
 Gained 10 pounds in one week. The best vacation he has ever been on. There was a chef that cooked the whole week. James never stopped eating!  Loved all the food.
Catching Halibut and Salmon.
 Brought home lots of fish for me to cook.
 He is a fun brother. Keeps these girls laughing, running, and squealing.
 Went Skiing in Utah at Snowboard
 Skied all day with his cousin Ryan!
 Mormon Prom with Alicia
 Buzzed his head
 Went to Oceanside, CA. 

 Had a photo shoot on the hotel bed
 Has a lot of girl cousins.
 Is the most like his sister Annie. Great friends!
 Oceanside, CA
playing on the beach.
Making a super cool video of our trip.
Never, ever fall asleep on a fishing boat with your cousins.
 This is what you will wake up with in your mouth.

James has been a happy, fun, hardworking, valiant, entertaining son. I asked what his best birthday has been or one he remembers the most. He said, "all his football parties". Every year he would invite lots of boys to his party. We would go to the park and they would play football. I would make a chocolate sheet cake, put toy motorcycles on the cake and call it a motorcycle cake! He has always been easy, content and just happy. He has been picky his whole life with...shoes!  But I can't complain!  

17 years ago today I held my sweet little baby boy. It was snowy and cold outside in SLC Utah. I opened my window curtains and watched to snow quietly fall to the ground. It was so peaceful. I thanked Heavenly Father for sending me this beautiful baby boy. He has been a blessing to our family. A great example of a righteous young man who has a testimony and wants to keep Heavenly Fathers commandments.  I love you son.

No comments: