Thursday, October 24, 2013

Buttonwillow, CA over fall break!

 This is the ultimate Coon man's trip. Driving 10 hours to a race track in Button Willow, California, to drive a fast car around a race track going 120 mph and loving it! Paul, Ryan and Carson Coon came from Utah. Ron and Spencer Coon, Grant and James Coon came from Gilbert, AZ. Annie, Hannah and I tagged along with the mens on their trip.  They were kind enough to let us come.

 James is 16 and Ryan is 15. They had so much fun together. Cousins are the best!
Ron drove his VIPER.
 Spencer drove the corvette
 Grant and James drove a mustang.
 Paul, Ryan and Carson also drove a mustang.
 Annie and Hannah both drove their scooters!

Grant took me around the track first thing on Friday morning. It was really really fast and I screamed. In the end I am glad I went and I had fun! Good thing I trust Grant's race car driving skills! We were going really FAST!

 I didn't mention Grandpa Coon came too. James drove Grandpa's truck with Grandpa from Gilbert to ButtonWillow. Grandpa is giving James lots of driving experience on trips! Last summer he drove to Idaho with Grandpa. This summer to California.
 Annie wanted to drive with her dad. We had her put on a big sweatshirt, my glasses, and sit on her feet so she looked bigger than she is sitting in the passenger seat.  She loved every minute.

 During the off hours, they boys played games with the football.  Boys are entertained if they have a ball. AMAZING!
Hannah wanted a turn in the mustang too.  So we did the same thing to her and they let her on the track. She loved it too.

 Cute Annie in her mustard pants.

Classic picture of Grandpa Coon.
Overall it was a great trip. Everyone had a great time and was safe driving around the track.  I enjoyed myself.  I told James I was going but he was not allowed to tell me he was hungry. If I wasn't there he would figure it out. I am not going to make food or serve anything!  The guys took care of it all!  

No comments: