Sunday, March 10, 2013

Phoenix Marathon/March 1, 2013

I signed up for the Phx 1/2 marathon in October.  Wanted some motivation to start running long distance again. In November I got bronchitis and was sick for a long time.  December wasn't much better.  January I signed up for boot camp at Discovery Park at 5:30am.  Talk about an intense hour of exercise.  Before boot camp each morning we run 1 mile then boot camp begins.  So January and February the most I ever ran at one time was 1 mile.  So on March 1st, I was wondering how well I would run 13.1 miles.  The best part about the run was it was in my Mesa neighborhood.  I ran by my high school,  where I received my patriarchal blessing, my church on brown road, the salon where I used to get a spiral perm on my long hair, my first bank, high school friends houses, etc.  Before I new it I was at mile 6 and half way done.  I sent Grant a text saying... "I am cruising, at mile 6.. better come soon". I felt really good until mile 12.  Then the last 1.1 miles I talked to myself... Just a little farther, don't stop, you can do hard things, this is where you show what you are made of.  I ran across the finish line very proud of myself. 2 hours 37 minutes.  I am not a fast runner!  But I finished 13.1 miles!


No comments: