Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving

 This Thanksgiving Katie and I signed up to do the turkey trot 10K. Unfortunately a week before Thanksgiving I got sick.  James ran for me, which was torture.  I wanted to run but knew I couldn't do it.  So Katie, James, Ron, Tiffany and Kristi ran together.



We had Thanksgiving lunch at 12:30 at my parents house, with my siblings and famillies.  I wasn't feeling to great and my cough was coming back.  So I climbed on my parents bed and feel asleep for the whole gathering.  Grant brought me home and put me to bed at 3pm.  My family then went to Rob and Niki Coon's for his families Thanksgiving dinner.  I stayed home by myself and slept, coughed with fever and chills.  I basically spent the whole afternoon/evening in my bed. At 5am on Black friday I got dressed and drove myself to urgent care.  I ended up coming home and laying on the couch until 8am because that is when they opened.  Urgent care told me I had bronchitis.  (which Grant diagnosed me with the night before) They gave me an antibiotic and a heavy duty cough medicine.  Black friday and Saturday we a blur.  I slept and slept. I don't remember much of that whole weekend.  It was not a great time for me.  My family went to ride motorcycles and shoot guns in the desert. Not me...I lay on the couch sick.  It is now been 2 weeks of being sick and I feel back to normal, not sick!  Thank goodness!

No comments: