Sunday, July 15, 2012
Tennis camp
Annie was in a tennis camp for two weeks this summer. She learned the game and is quite good. I was surprised how she improved! The last day of lessons they had a match off. So I went to watch her play. In her age group there was a boy who was so proud of his tennis skills. He was a show off and a ball hog. The last match was between Annie and this boy. I took Annie aside and said to her, "you must win! Do not let this kid beat you. You concentrate and focus on every ball." Annie won the first game! Then this boy started complaining of back aches and pulled muscles. Annie and I grinned at each other...right... back pain...he was afraid to loose to Annie. Long story short, Annie won the match. This boys pride was hurt. As the coach was giving out shirts, this boy wanted to know who was the best tennis player. He said it loud and over and over..."who's the best coach?" Finally the coach said, "Annie is the best." She quietly smiled and laughed under her breath, while giving me a look of "yes". It was a wonderful moment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment