Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BYU-I here she comes!

 This is our farewell to Katie.  She is at BYU-I for the fall and winter semester. 
 Annie and Hannah have been sleeping in her bed ever since she left.  Our home is not the same without her.

 I reserved a Ford Focus for our rental car.  They upgraded us to a Dodge Charger.  It was fun to drive all weekend but It is a big car.  I like that it was bright cherry red.
This is Katie room, her roommate is Millie Summers.  They are our life long friends. Both girls are clean and I think they will enjoy being rommates.

 I was impressed with BYU-I campus.  It was so beautiful and clean. We walked all over the campus finding her classes, getting her books and finding the beautiful "secret garden".

 Part of the secret garden!
 We stopped and had a photo shoot!  I was breathtaking.  Pictures don't do it justice!

 Rexburg Temple. It is so close to campus.  Katie is excited to go do baptisms each week.



 This is saturday afternoon.  We were sitting on a small wall talking before I leave for home.

Final picture before I left to go home.  She is going to do great.  She is taking some really great classes:
Book of Mormon
Math
Piano Ensemble
Clothing  Construction
Fit for Life-exercise/nutrition
Physicology (spelled wrong)

I worked out today by myself at the gym and I was lonely and missed her tons.  Thank goodness for texting, Skype,cell phones, blogs, facebook.  I can have contact with her daily.  I am proud of her and love her.
She has been there 2 days and already has 5 dates set for this week.  She is too darling.

4 comments:

brownymama said...

You've got to be kidding me! I remember when she was a baby!!!

Alicia Ballard said...

Little Katie Lou all growed up....

Chelsea Coon said...

Of course she has 5 dates already, she is just too cute! Cant wait for her visits home so we can hear all her fun stories!

Nettie said...

Such a beautiful girl. I love the way your relationship reads from the outside looking in. Such a neat thing to observe. It caught my attention first thing.