Saturday, June 11, 2011

While we were away for the funeral...

I couldn't ask for better kids!  Katie and James took care of the little girls while we were in Wyoming.  On
Sunday afternoon they made cookies and delivered them to neighbors and ward members.  The Eaves sent us a text saying... Your kids have delivered cookies to our home and made our night.  They sat together at church and were perfect.  Could we trade kids for a while.
After delivering cookies Katie took them to the Mesa Temple to see a movie in the visitor center about Joseph Smith.  I LOVE that my kids like each other,  they take care of each other, they are friends!  We came home late Sunday night to a clean house, little girls in bed and 4 kids that missed their parents and were so glad we were home.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Good to see you and Jenny today! I loved this post and to see what sweet children you have....nothing greater.

brandy said...

Jill!
I'm so happy that I stumbled onto your blog. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I hadn't heard. I'm glad that you were able to go to the funeral and be with your sweet Grandma. This post is so sweet. You have raised your children well, my friend!

Nettie said...

Oh, Jill...this was my favorite read of the week. I just knew this was true...I have felt it. They DO love each other, don't they?! What amazing teens you have. They reflect such a neat sense of self. It's easier to love others when you can love yourself. I want to know how you have taught that so well. It is so evident that you cherish them as people, not just as your children. You're the kind of mother I was so sure I would be. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father puts us with people who model what we are in need of.

By the way...my children have made the thousand dollar pledge! We're so excited!

Last, but not least....Can we share Annie?