My Grandpa Powell passed away May 26, 2011. His funeral was in his hometown Lovell, Wyoming, on June 4, 2011. It was a spiritual, patriotic day. 
This is my sweet Grandma Powell, they were married 66 years, she served him and took care of him. She has been diagosed with terminal cancer. She is almost blind and is not healthy herself. This woman is a WORKER! The last one cleaning, always in the kitchen pulling out food. It is hard to see my grandparents getting old.. but I have so much comfort knowing that soon they will be together again.
Uncle Roger and son Weston helping grandma. The flag that layed over grandpa was folded and given to her. She held it so close. It was so tender.
Jennifer and I
Grant and I left our kids for 4 days and flew to Billings Montana to come to Grandpa funeral.
21 gun salute for the fallen WWII soldier. He was a HERO.
Dayley family, my brothers Greg and Lee were not able to come.

1 comment:
The picture of your dear grandma clutching the flag, with such sorrow on her face, is one of the most touching photographs I have ever seen.
Post a Comment