This is Jenny and I wearing our Gunny Sack dresses that came from Bill Powell's clothing store.
This morning around 9:30am my dear Grandpa Powell passed away. We are all sad to see him go. He was a wonderful man, always full of music and jokes. He had a talent of making friends. When I was little girl my Grandpa would bounce me on his knee and sing songs to me. I thought I was his favorite. He owned a clothing store in Lovell, Wyoming. He and Grandma would pick a dress out for Jenny and I and would send it to use for Christmas. Last week I brought out those dresses to show my little girls. They tried them on and I had warm, good memories of wearing these "gunny sack" dresses. They were beautiful with pearl buttons, laces trim and delicate fabric. I will miss my grandpa but I am happy and comforted knowing he is with his father, who passed away when he was a young boy. He is with his mother, his son John, all his family and friends. I am sad for my sweet 90 year old grandma who is still alive and suffering from terminal cancer. She is not to far behind him. I think he died first so he could get things ready for her and when the time is right he will come and get her. I know Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for us here on earth. We can return back to him and be together with our loved ones.



1 comment:
He was a wonderful man. I remember my favorite place to shop was Bill Powell's. My mom loves your grandparents!
Post a Comment