Carly decorating our van!
Brianne holding our safety flag. We don't want any strikes against our team.Just finishing my first leg. It was so HOT in San Diego. We were hoping for 65 degree weather, but we ran in 89 degrees. Us AZ girls were HOT!
Cheering each other on.
Rachelle on her first run.
Go Katherine
Rachelle enjoying her peanut butter bars after her run. She must keep her energy up.
Carly ran with this blonde afro guy. Had to be fun.
Brianne was our last runner, because she is a great runner. During our mountains that never ended, I kept saying to myself, "you can do anything for 5 minutes". "I can do hard things"Hannah. Be the mountain, conquer the mountain.
Friday night after our first run, it was van one's turn to run. There was an airstrip for us to camp out and rest until 12midnight when our second run began. There was no sleeping done that night. At 1am Nikkii began our second leg. I ran my second leg from 3-4am. It was my favorite run, 6.8 miles in the cool, dark weather. I felt great and had enough energy even though we were running on no sleep.
Trying to rest, but did not really work.
No comments:
Post a Comment