
Katie was in 2011 Distinguished Young women scholarship competition. (Aka Junior Miss) What a terrific experience! The girls were required to learn a dance, and exercise program, perform a talent, and talk infront of judges and the audience, and a personal interview the day before. All 24 girls were very talented and smart! The competition was tough. The competion was giving college scholarship money,
Becky Crosby came and did stage make up and hair for Katie. She put on gold glitter eyeliner that was amazing. All the other girls were talking about it and were wishing they had glittery eyes. She looked amazing!



The opening number was a dance that all the girls performed together wearing these yellow and pink shirts. It was so much fun and I was sitting in the audience bursting with excitement and emotion. I found myself getting all choked up and holding back tears. My first little baby is a beauitful young woman. She was shining on stage and I was so proud of her.

Katie played Mrs. Darcy from pride and prejudice on the piano. She did a lovely job and was not even nervous. I was so nervous sitting in the audience, maybe I took all the nerves from her.

Proud parents after the competition.
James was excited for Katie, he kept yelling and cheering her on!
Annie loved every minute of the whole performance. She has such a great example in katie. She looks up to her so much.
Katie has SO much support from friends, YW leaders, and family.
I am going to list who came just for future rememberance:Mom, Dad, James, Annie, Hannah,
Grandma Dayley,Grandpa Dayley, Rick and Jennifer Shumway, Ron, Debbie, Kristy, Tiffany Coon, Rob, Niki, Alice, Abby, Jolynn Coon, Sunshine Anderson, Aunt Rowene, Uncle Alan Call, Anne and Tyler Hillstead. Friends: Jessie Rowley, Emily Mills, Jessica Lewis, Sunny Harrison, Aubrey McGee, Grant Boyd, Skyler Shumway.
1 comment:
How fun and exciting for Katie and you! She looks beautiful!
Post a Comment