Friday, August 6, 2010

17 things I love about my daughter

1. Katie is always happy!
2. Katie is a valiant daughter (so much better than I was)
3. Katie takes pride in her work
4. Katie is so fashionable. You are beautiful.
5. Katie is sensitive to other feelings
6. Katie is a talented writer
7. She has such a big heart for handicap people
8. The light of Christ shines brightly in her actions
9. Katie wants our family to be close
10. She is so tender with her little sisters
11. Katie is quite competitive with James and they are good friends
12. Katie is not a normal teenager, she loves to be with me
13. Katie shares her life with me
14. I am happy and sad she is a senior in high school
15. She works really hard to get straight A's.
16. She has served as the Ward organist for 5 years and doesn't complain!
17. I love that we are a family forever. She will always be mine.
Happy Birthday Katie. You are my first baby. You made me a mother. I was so excited for you to be born. I could hardly work, sleep, or study because all I could think about was you. When you were born my heart leaped with love. I have loved you since I first layed my eyes on your darling little face. You have been a joy and blessing in my life. I will treasure you forever. Thank you for being a choice daughter and friend. I love you. Mom
Katie blowing out her little cake.
Katie and I went out together for her birthday! We had such a great time just the 2 of us. First we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, then a little shopping, and to the movie, "Eclipse". We just talked and talked about everything. I feel so blessed to have a daughter which I love to be with and can count as one of my best friends.

4 comments:

Danny & Alyssa Coon said...

I can only wish to be so lucky and have a daughter like her someday! Happy birthday Katie!!!

Jen Shumway said...

I remember how cute she was when she was born. Everyone feel in love with her. She is very special.

Michelle Thompson said...

It sounds like you two had a lot of fun! It is so fun to have girls that love you and want to be with you! You are lucky~

Stacy Summers said...

Ditto! Katie is beautiful inside and out!

I LOVE your Type 1 purple top!